Try mobile bidding at your next silent auction.
If you haven’t heard, mobile bidding for silent auctions is now one of the hottest fundraising trends in North America.
Mobile bidding at your next silent auction will increase your fundraising dollars, relieve stress, and make your event a huge success with guests and volunteers.
Why choose mobile bidding?
Mobile bidding has moved beyond the need for a team of technicians to set up and manage events, and upped the silent auction game with sleek, full-featured fundraising platforms that are affordable, effective, and easy to use. Non-profits of any size can now build and manage their own charity silent auctions.
What’s the secret?
No secret. Mobile bidding auctions can be expensive, from building an auction site to requiring technical support and the extensive optional add-on list. But at MobilBid, we have combined cutting-edge, intuitive software with today’s mobile technology to design an advanced mobile bidding auction platform that delivers ease of use and great results at a fraction of the usual cost.
So, what are the advantages of MobilBid compared to a standard paper-based auction at a charity silent auction event?
Where do we start?
- It’s simple – mobile bidding puts your silent auction items at your guests’ fingertips. MobilBid offers a pre-registration or quick sign-up with a text message to a special phone number, which invites guests to join in to review items and categories, and then bid using their own phones. No apps to download; no QR codes to decipher.
- Mobile bidding encourages guests to bid from anywhere – no more rushing back and forth to check auction bid sheets – re-bid alerts are answered with a one-click response to keep them in the game.
- Mobile bidding encourages competition (friendly, we hope!) and this leads to more bidding and more funds raised.
- MobilBid offers bidders the option to enter a maximum bid and let the system bid for them until the limit is reached when they will receive another alert.
- Mobile bidding even lets you invite folks not in attendance to participate.
If you are still unsure if mobile bidding is the solution for your silent auction, check out what our clients have to say.
Closing the deal
So, bidding on auction items is easy, and more people means more bids. The major challenge in any charity auction event is closing. How does mobile bidding streamline the closing process?
Closing protocol varies from system to system; some mobile bidding programs still use a conventional close, by tabulating bids manually and then printing invoices for the winners.
MobilBid offers mobile payment – that’s just as easy as mobile bidding. The system keeps a running total for each bidder. The moment the auction closes, detailed invoices are sent to winners with a prompt that lets them pay instantly from their phones.
Payment triggers a receipt directly to a guest’s phone, used to pick up the auction items. Guests can also pay by cash, cheque, or other merchant payment systems.
An optional feature requests credit card info before guests place their first bid. When the silent auction closes – within seconds – the system processes winners’ cards and sends detailed receipts are used to pick up their items.
Instant auction bids – instant payments – instant receipts. How much does this mobile bidding tech cost the fundraising group?
Pricing is important. We offer performance pricing based on how well our clients and our mobile bidding platform perform. We call it transparent pricing because unlike some others, there are no hidden fees or charges.
We don’t charge for an open account, ongoing or training fees, and no user fees of any sort until the mobile bidding platform is used in an auction. Then, we charge a reasonable performance fee as a percentage on raised funds. We also offer a cap on our fee, because we respect the needs of the non-profits we serve. Heres the scoop on pricing.
Last but not least, we understand the importance of analytics, so we capture guest contact information and bidding stats by product and category for future planning. This data increases accuracy and ends manually collecting and recording data. Custom reports can be arranged.